Lehigh Valley Itz-A-Con Cosplay Contest Information and Rules
Highlights from Mcall.com on last years Cosplay Contest: Click HERE
Cosplay Contest will be at 3 PM on BOTH Saturday and Sunday.
Contestants must register for the contest no later than 1:30 PM at the event registration desk.
All Cosplay Categories will have a First Place Winner and Runner Up
- Children up to the age of 12
- Teens ages 13-17
- Adults ages 18 and over
Contestants will be judged on:
- Workmanship - Entries are judged on both the overall appearance of their cosplay, and the quality of the construction of the costume.
- Performance - Entries are being judged on their acting, memorization, representation, and presence. In short, how well they can act like the character they are representing.
Cosplay Contest Rules at LV Itz-A-Con:
- No skits during judging or catwalk.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- All prop weapons must conform to the Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
- All applications must be submitted at the time by 1:30 on Saturday. THERE ARE NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS, they will only be available physically at registration.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Do not enter or exit the catwalk except at the designated points.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help.